BBQ Nite Fever

An Ode Dedicated to All Rejectees!



I wonder if you could call it Chance
Without design, a random glance
That fell upon the maiden fair
By the BBQ pit as I gasp for air

I wonder if Fate had her hand to play
Her script was mine to act and say
Happy puppet then would I be
On tis' destined stage, surprised by beauty

I wonder if Providence is to praise
For the rendezvous, a gift of grace
What a subtle but obvious trickery
Of carnations, integrity and Lamborghini!

I wonder what her heart would say
When she read this poetic foray
Would she frown, confused in dismay?
Would she smile and declare, "It sounds Okay!"

Alas, she thanked me for the rhyme
But cautioned me that love takes time
It's hard to rush what heaven brings
Is it natural to snow in spring?

Dave, you're always the gentleman
But we are nothing more than friends
A season or so is a little while
Let me pray for you right now!

I'm glad she spared me the agony
Of waiting by the hand phone anxiously
At least, I know now where I ought
To stand when we meet and fret not

But it seems to me that history
Has a recurring tendency
When a girl calls me a gentleman
She intends to say, "Let's just be friends!!"

Comments

Dave said…
Good eh? It has years of experience behind it... hahha!