Fare Thee Well

I first met Don Anura in SUFES bookstore where he ordered "The Providence of God" by Paul Helm.

And I thot, "The Force is strong in this one".

He just graduated and got his first job. He cringed at the possibility of numbing boredom in East Coast, so I invited him to Ibridge@yahoogroups.com

We're an online community for grads in transition, right?

He typically replied, "I'd be bored but not THAT bored..!" But I'm glad that he decided to join us anyway.

Since then, we had correspondence over the Net so my memories of him come from that rather limited perspective.

He came across to me as someone who is passionate about truth, and unafraid to speak up. Yea, with dry humour sprinkled here and there. Once he wrote in to thank me for the 'brainwash' he's getting from my posts. That's Don's style of an encouragement. I remember fondly the online chats we had in Ibridge and Hedonese.

Our last conversation was last week... he wrote in to jokingly complain about some 'propaganda' he's been getting. His pilgrimage resembled mine in the sense that we became somewhat disenchanted by some of the excesses in the church today. He called some of them a 'circus'.

So I invited him to share with the group his own personal testimony. He seemed quite willing after I gave him the "license to hantam heresies" in a nice and winsome way.

But for reasons known only in His wise providence, Don is taken home before he had the chance to do that. But he's in a place far better, for in God's presence are pleasures forevermore. He now has a truer and clearer knowledge of God than any book can provide.

Bro, I miss you already.

Comments