Hired Gun II

I was 'setup' as a 'hired gun' again recently...

Grace's sister is a devout Buddhist who is now learning meditation from a female 'sifu' in Puchong...

So we had a talk over the coffee table recently... and we had a quite stimulating time together (I was careful not to sabotage my chances of being her bro-in-law)
la....

So I remained in listening mode most of the time... Since it's our first encounter, I ask her abt her faith.

"Did meditation really help your baby's development?"
"What do they teach you in class?"
"Did you enjoy it?"

And chip in what i understand buddhism to be whenever appropriate... karma... the problem of evil and so on...

I wanna live for another day (and maybe get to be more aggresive in witness next round)...

At the end I said, "If u go for buddhism class, may I wanna tag along?"

She was quite taken by surprise and happy (maybe it's first time she heard a Christian say that?) and commented that I understand much about her faith and wonder why I would about the reasons I'm a Christian...

So I managed to squeeze in a personal testimony also la... where I talk for 2 minutes about sin, guilt, the cross and faith.

CDPC website appeared in Wikipedia!!! (We're now famous!)

Comments

ee said…
thank God HL's family are all Christians! he, on the other hand, has a lot more work on his side ;) think he'll need some training from you...
aPoReTiC said…
what a refreshing story :D

our friends and loved ones may be "more ready than we realize"...
Dave said…
Mike Ramsden of RZIM gave a wonderful illustration of how he had a conversation w a barber... after overhearing her wonder "I'm so busy, there must be more to life than this!"

We can use the same exact words, which if reduced to propositional statements could be called 'preaching', but in a live chat, it's called "conversation" :D