Sensibly Priced Miracles

Once upon a time, I was a big fan of Benny Hinn...

A pastor recommended his book "Good Morning Holy Spirit", raised my expectation so high that I was inevitably disappointed by so much personal testimony stuffs...

But I remember being blown away by his teaching on the fellowship within the Trinity, that God is never lonely. Wow, very sound Trinitarian theology! hahaha...

That was before I discover not-so-glamorous stuffs about many other televangelists... Watched some of these shows on satellite TV while in Rome, and understood why they attract so much adoration and criticism.

Sivin is right taht while Gnosticism of Da Vinci Code is easier to detect, the neo-gnostic elements inside the church today are subtle... I think, equally dangerous.

Recently Grace brought me to a seminar and the speaker recommended Hinn also! I expressed my reservation, and she asked me "What's wrong with him?"

Dear, you gotta hear this to believe what he teaches...

On a different note, my cell group Faith@Work watched a movie called "Leap of faith", about a fake televangelist and his tactics... Funny, yet sad as it's a parody on something in real-life.


Comments

Deryk Ng said…
Can I borrow the movie? And also other Christian movies that you might have. Thanks
Dave said…
Ok, man... Come over to my house la! Need to give away some of those stuffs too