The Clock My Dictator

We live in a world of saturated and shrinking space, accelerated time...

Soo Inn once wrote that maybe having a balanced rhythm of rest/work will distinguish the people of God from the busyness of the world.

So, which Psalm 23 will character your life? :)


Psalm 23 For Busy People
By Louise Smith

The Lord is my pace-setter. I shall not rush.
He makes me stop and rest for quiet intervals.
He provides me with images of stillness, which restore my serenity.

He leads me in the way of efficiency through calmness of mind, and His guidance is peace.

Even though I have a great many things to accomplish each day I will not fret, for His presence is here.

Its timelessness, its all-importance, will keep me in balance.
He prepares refreshment and renewal in the midst of activity
By anointing my mind with His oils of tranquility.

My cup of joyous activity overflows.

(Here is an alternative lifestyle)

Psalm 23 in a busy world

The clock is my dictator; I shall not rest.
It makes me lie down only when exhausted.
It leads me to depression.
It hounds my soul.
It leads me in circles of frenzy for activity's sake

Even though I run frantically from task to task
I will never get it all done, for my "ideal" is with me.

Deadlines and my need for approval, they drive me.
They demand my performance from me
beyond the limits of my schedule.

They anoint my head with migraines.
My in-basket overflows.
Surely fatigue and time pressure shall follow me all the days of my life. And I will dwell in the bonds of frustration forever.

From "101 Ways to Simplify Your Life" written by Paul Borthwick,
and published by Victor Books.

Comments