Partnership in Ministry

It was an honor sit in the Da Vinci Code forum with Malaysia's evangelical stalwarts like Rev Wong and Dr Kam Weng. The turn-out was better than expected (more than 100) - I dun recognize half of the crowd.

Always had a phobia of public speaking (so have turned down offer to take the pulpit) because of traumatizing experiences in school debates.

Once, my hands shook like mad so much so that the audience got nervous. Another time our team got whipped by Main Convent girls. Very painful memories, hahahah...

Although I was still at a loss for words 2 hours before the forum, somehow the Lord has brought me through safely... Also, thanks for the tips from veteran preachers like

"Just be yourself" (Pastor Caleb)
"Speak slow n deliberate" (Soo Inn)

Generally the feedback for the overall forum was extremely positive though we could have done better with the follow-up i.e. advertise the Agora blog?

We have recorded the whole event, including the Q&A. If you'd like to obtain the CD, contact me at hedonese@yahoo.com

Notes from our presentations will be made available soon at www.cdpc.org.my

Apparently, a church has invited us to do another forum... which is what we really wanna do, to SERVE the Malaysian church in general.

Well, I REALLY wanna THANK EVERYONE who have PRAYED hard for the speakers/event. Have requested intercession from so many people because unless the Lord builds the house, we labor in vain.

Thank you for sharing in the ministry with your PRAYERS and ENCOURAGEMENT. (whether physically present or otherwise, without your support it would not have been possible)

Aik...! Feels like I'm at the Oscars pulak...

Comments

lycaphim said…
Whipped by Convent Girls ROFL!!!
Anonymous said…
Now you know that the Methodist girls are always nicer...
Anonymous said…
Hey, you did well la. I liked your parting remarks about Mary and her exemplary discipleship. Something a bit less chunky for mere mortals like me to chew on without choking.
Sivin Kit said…
wished I was there man ... if not for the wedding I had to conduct. A pretty "ecumenical" one I must say (I mean the wedding). Tell you more when we meet.

I'm proud to know the guy who hangs out with the "big guns".
Dave said…
Hehee... Actually I MUST thank
I-Ching (who did a Da Vinci code forum in NUS) for her input on the dangers of trivialising Mary in our zeal to debunk Dan Brown...

A woman's instincts made all the difference!
Anonymous said…
Congrats on the successful forum last Saturday.

Wish I can attend, but was away in S'pore. Anyway, I'd
borrow/buy a copy of the CD recording of the event. *grin*

look forward to your coming to my church to do the
forum again sometime in November, yes? Fantastic!