All About Eve

This is not a theological review on Korean serials. But a reciprocal promo for a single, available friend Evelyn! (of course, 'loves the Lord' la...)

(OK, guys, u know what to do ler... Go visit her blog now!)

Seriously John Chung and I would luv to start a matchmaking 'ministry' if only we had more energy and 24 more hours in a day... INSAF (International Single Adult Fellowship)...

Anyway, Eve and I became 'online' frens about the time both of us had a quarter life crisis on what to do with the rest of our lives. (working in IT industry tat time la...) All the questions about going 'fulltime', parental 'reservations', money, future, calling etc

Then, I had a one-day assignment in Singapore and finally managed to meet up for lunch... Yea, reminded me that I still owe her a KFC meal hahaha.. then, there was the time where we prayed together with her uncle, and got into some discussions about speaking in tongues :)

Anyway, now three years down the road, she had taken the plunge and a youth pastor now in Singapore. Seems to have mellowed quite a lot and even start to quote Karl Barth to me. Glad to have had some redeeming effect on her, hehehe...

And me? I was the one who looked back and went back to the fields... or cubicles... Perhaps the redeeming effect she could have had on me is to have more trust in our Master? :)

Comments

Anonymous said…
You really know how to surprise ppl! I was innocently in my still "monday blue" mood (yes still!) surfing into your blog expecting my daily theological breakfast when I saw the title on Eve. Really really you were gonna talk about Eve and contrast her to Lilith. Alas...

But, nice picture though. Youth pastor kah, CDPC should follow suit in our hiring of staff also, sweet young thing. :) Leon will definitely disagree with me.

Okie, queing up ...i mean checking out her blog now.

Jack
jedibaba said…
Jack, Jack, Jack, you want to go North or South?? :-)
Dave said…
Thank God for North-South Highway!!
happiwife said…
DAVIIIIIIIIIIIIIDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD!!!

I am gonna strangle you when we next meet!

My goodness!!!

What have I done to offend you sir!!! REMOVE that picture lah!!!

But seriously, this is a real shock! I was only outstation for 4 days and you managed to commit such crime online within such a short time. Terrorism is bad.

You know, you should have asked me for a nicer picture!!!
Sigh. No wonder they say men are insensitive...
Anonymous said…
if you are going to start a matchmaking business, be it for FOC or charging

please include me in ur business plan.

it is my dream to do matchmaking
hahaahahahahahah

coz too many young adults who are not attached and they shd be attached. actually

i recently met up with some pastors

we were talking abt the same thing too

too many young adults who are not attached

then start to look for ppl outside of the Church

so a pastor actually started this diving ministry and let the young adults join and usually after their diving trip they fall in love, he said

wahahaha
Dave said…
I agree! Matchmaking ministries are very noble, actually... i dunno why ppl feel paiseh abt it

Revenge of the Eve:
http://evelynkang.blogspot.com/

Why I like(d/s) Vivian Chow?? hehehe

Because she is so INNOCENT and CUTE lor!

Jack Said, kacau girls who are younger than u ok?
happiwife said…
Revenge?
Nah, don't get me wrong. Me good Christian never revenge one...

Somemore I am dedicating this song to you my dear friend.

Verse 1:
What a friend I have in Christ,
all my picture and stories you post!
It's not a privilege to feedback everything to you in blog!
O what peace you often forfeit, O what needless pain I bear,
All because I have feedback everything to you in blog.

Chorus:
It is because of this,
Now I can truly sing that

What a Friend we have in Jesus, all our sins and griefs to bear!
What a privilege to carry everything to God in prayer!
O what peace we often forfeit, O what needless pain we bear,
All because we do not carry everything to God in prayer.

Closing verse:
I will carry you to God in prayer.

:)
Leon Jackson said…
This Jack, buta, buta, i kena.
Anonymous said…
Hey hey hey, didn't know Evelyn knew David.

Nice "publicity" for Evelyn! Keep up the good work playing matchmaker.

And oh ya, nice work on all the Agora stuff. Cheers
Dave said…
eugene, really look forward to hear from musicians like u at the Christian arts open forum...

All That Jazz for the glory of God :)
happiwife said…
This is a small world indeed.
Didn't know that Eugene knows David too! David, you are femes!
Dave said…
not 'femes' la... "Truth Laid Bear" website ranks me as a "Cute Little rodent" only hahaha...