Turning 30

The question of my age cropped up again.

Pastor Joanne (MMU CF in Melaka) was expecting an old man (friend of LT and Soo Inn, mar... ehem, ehem) but it was a pleasant surprise lar... hehe...

Joshua look shocked - "Oh! So YOU are Chris' UNCLE..."

To set the record straight, I turned 30 last July so I'm not 30-something YET, ok?

Psychologically, it's like a milestone of sorts.

When you are 20-something, people say "Wah... so young ar! Lots of potential.."

Now they wonder, "Already 30, still like that ar..."

By 30 years of age, Calvin has written the first edition of Institutes... David would have been king... Jesus would have started his prophetic ministry...

I habuk pun tarak le... a voice keeps telling me, "Dave, not much time left! Seize the day!"

Growing older is not that bad la, just very scared of a 'wasted life'.

Somehow crossing that milestone, I felt a renewed sense of responsibility, a sense of duty to the church at large... even though there is still a maverick streak in me... it seems inappropriate to fool around as an 'anti-establishment rebel' la...

Dunno la, just seems like someone in my head saying,
"Tai kor chai" oledi... Dun mess up and drop the baton, ok?"

Comments

jedibaba said…
And Jesus started His public ministry at 30. So... 30 is a good age to"grow up" and embrace our God given vocation? Heh heh!
Dave said…
Ya! I am beginning to feel things are 'picking up' :D
Liptontea said…
Dave ... you're 30?! Wow, you sure don't look it :) 30 is just the start to bigger plans from God :) -- pat