Escape to Reason


Oneof the most influential thinkers in the 20th century. Time magazine described him as the "apostle to the intellectuals". I like St Francis's ministry among the hippies and counterculture skeptics called L'Abri. The guests or seekers stay with him in a community, live, eat and do dishes together. Evening conversations where no questions are off-limits. Honest answers can be expected. Maybe we should start one in Malaysia? We dun have mountaineous Alps... but at least we have Batu caves!

Find out more:
http://www.covenantseminary.edu/fsi/default.asp
www.antithesis.com


Posted by Hello

Comments

Anonymous said…
Soo Inn here.
You might be intereste to know that Alvin Ung, now finishing his studies at Regent, has a vision for a Malaysian L'Abri.
I think his Masters project is a working paper on the setting up of a Malaysian L'abri.
He was exposed to a L'Abri in the US and is now working with the new L'Abri just set up in Victoris island near Vancouver.
Hmm... is God up to something here? :)
Dave said…
Wow, I am getting goosebumps! Heheh... maybe Genting Highlands wud be a better venue? Bet Ps Wong wud be excited abt this too.

Alvin shared something abt this L'Abri couple who used their 'tithe' to purchase books for the ministry library.

It's a 'best practice' that I try to apply.
Anonymous said…
Soo inn again.
Let the goosebumps continue!
I like the L"Abri vision because it takes seriously both the need for clear thinking and community. You know I strongly feel we need both.
Will be getting back to you with dates for a Next Up preview makan. My ibook konked out and my work has been a bit luan these days. Am writing this on my old trusty think pad..
Blessings