Spiderman Without Web

Someone called me "Superman without superpower", because I'm always chasing deadlines even as deadlines are chasing me.

She probably suspects I'm involved in stuffs in Faith@work, LBS, MBS, CBTE, i-Bridge, Agora, Emergent, Yahoogroups, Next Up, CDPC worship, reading lists, etc. Then, there are weddings to attend and help out.

On top of that, dun forget I'm a fulltime KPMG consultant engaged in two simultaneous projects. Like Spidey, I'm beginning to lose webs and fall from skyscrapers. Getting forgetful lately, too.

So I need a regular dose of Essence of Chicken. (oops! Advertisement...)

My fren asks, "How do you cope??" Before that, what drives you to indulge in such madness? We were talking about 'burn out rather than rust out' in camp last Sunday.

Well, I had grown tired of travelling and given up some chances to get better salary and go places. Since I had paid the opportunity costs already, I may as well make the most out of my time here. Maximizing the time I have while still in KL, while still below 30, single and heart still pumping, basically.

I normally chuck in those activities during the weekends. Or, during the night. For example, CG on Fridays, MBS on Tuesdays and CBTE on Thurdays... LBS once a month on weekends... worship backup twice a month on weekends (I plan to drop this soon)...

I've learnt to say no... sometimes. heheh, have stopped Sunday School, worship leading and CBTE. Prioritise LBS lower than MBS, though it's more fun.

Gotta learn how to steal time... ie multitask. Read a book while in toilet. Plan my weekend while driving... no wonder i got into accidents lately too.

For example, over the weekend, while the Ibridge camp is going on, I brought Next-Up book along and read it in between activity gaps. Guess wat? Finished before camp is over.

Give up dating and TV... Yea, right!

Comments

Anonymous said…
eh, eh NextUp book meant to be read refelctively-lah! :)
U know who.
Dave said…
Dun worry, sensei, it's only the how-to-write-autobiography part... will reflect as I jot down the actual story ok?
Anonymous said…
hi bro, glad to hear that u r having "fun". do not try 2 b a Spiderman-without a web, coz when u have no ability 2 climb/crawl wall..and if u fall, it's veri painful wor :D er, b the "incredible" then.. :p

~HJ~