Have You Wondered: Why?

Have you wondered "Why...
Is the sky so high and the desert dry?"
My friend, herein the answer lies...
So that birds could flap and fly
And camels sigh and fry...

From A Friend...

Yeah, I have sometimes wondered "Why...
Is the sky so high and the desert dry?"
I have also wondered "Why...?
About so many other things like "Why do we have to die?"
Sometimes I get tired of asking "Why...?
Because answers aren't clear- and that makes me sigh

But in my doubts, when I began to cry
When I turn to God, in his arms I lie
He puts things into perspective, He opens my eye
Then I realise that I'm just like a "small-fry"
But nevertheless a really precious guy
No matter where I am- low or high

But today I still find myself asking "Why...?
This is not a joke, nor a lie
To comprehend and understand it all - I still try
But answers right now I know will always lack in supply
I'll probably keep those questions till the day I die
When I meet my maker, when to the earth- "goodbye"


Dave replies...

Here am I, eyes glued to the screen
Of IBM machine - black and green
Busy, I'm not, project is pending
Just coffee-drinking and leg-shaking.

Daring's my middle name,
But by nature, rather tame,
That's why I tread with fear and trembling,
And deflect tough questions - "What do YOU think?"

If it's any comfort, we're all on the road
A journey in which we're in the same boat,
The "why's" of life are rather perplexing
Slowly, together, we're ALL learning

Heart and Mind are God-given fusion,
To separate them is cosmic treason,
But honest doubt can be a healthy companion
In life, as faith seeks for fuller reason!

Thankfully, God does not leave us clueless
From His Word, we know that none is blameless
That is why death is with us
And eternal hope is only found in Jesus

Even if on earth, our minds get stuck
God holds the exclamation point for every question mark,
Please feel free to share your pondering
It's confidential, our group's safe-keeping!

Comments

Dave said…
PS: Wrote part of this corny poem as part of the most enriching experiences I've had in 2003 when leading a group in the Alpha course...

Basically it's a 10-week course where
1. we have a sumptuous dinner in CDPC
2. watch a 20 min video show on the Christian faith
3. open discussion abt anything under the sun and the topic in the video

The first session I came with fear and trembling, but God was good to guide us through. I'm often touched by the hunger shown by the participants... once, they missed the class so we got the video and watch it together at home!

Free Online Book Downloads: (worth more than RM1,000)
http://www.desiringgod.org/library/onlinebooks_index.html