The Transformers


To many guys in their late 20s, Optimus Prime (sage, scholar, soldier) is a childhood hero! Along with Thundercats, Silverhawks and GI Joes.... heheh....

The Transformers have been experiencing a revival of sorts. But those who grew up with Beast Wars dunno what they are missing with the 1998 "Transformers: The Movie"
where Optimus Prime made the ultimate sacrifice to rescue his friends by singlehandedly wiping out a Decepticon platoon. The action sequence reminds me of Chow Yuen Fatt, leaping around with guns blazing...

Tears used to fall down my cheek when he passed the leadership Matrix to Ultra Magnus... Yup, cartoons can teach you lessons about mortality and responsibility.

Till all are one!


Posted by The Agora

Comments

ee said…
urhm dave... is this because of the problem we spoke of last tuesday?? if i were to attempt at blog psychology, i would say ur currently facing lack of focus and short attention span on work, and wishing you were back in times whe things were simple and carefree, as opposed to being in the present...
Dave said…
Wah, psychoanalyse me pulak?? Actually I'm on leave today lor... which explain the flurry of activities... time to sleep, I get addicted to blogs sometimes.

But I do get the feeling of Mr Incredible when he's doing those insurance claims in a cramped cubicle... dunno why, my job is not bad actually... the boss is OK, I can choose my time to rest or work... quite 'in control'... but... but...

I should be out there, web-slinging and saving the world!!! hahaha...! Be true to who you are... Be true to your calling and gifts... that's wat Incredibles seem to say, and it's too serious for humor to me...