Final Fantasy



The topic about my "criteria" for a future spouse came up. And I'd usually say, "Must be female". You can't take that for granted in this day and age.

Dare not give too many specifics cos I'm only too willing to 'compromise' on them! hahah... This is more like an 'ideal wishlist', with plenty of room for negotiation.

1. Can appreciate my corny poems. Somehow explaining love poems in prose robs you of pure joy like trying to dissect the anatomy of a joke.

2. Duet "Especially for You" in karaoke. Thinks that I sound like Aerosmith.

3. Reads with me a book on lazy Sunday afternoon. Slowly drift away...

4. Feet firmly planted on earth. Cause my head is always in the clouds.

5. Gorgeous. But then, I'm a relativist when it comes to beauty.

6. Preferably speaks English cos that's the language in which I think. But again, I'd pick up Thai, Mandarin, Tamil or Swahili in the name of love! hahaha...

7. Adores children. Maybe, enjoys teaching Sunday School.

8. A prayer warrior, rather than a philosopher. Less quarrel at home! But appreciates the life of the mind.

9. Had a healthy relationship with her parents and mine.

10. A great sense of humor won't hurt.


Posted by Hello

Comments

Anonymous said…
Perhaps, in your heart, you already know who possesses these criteria but you are too bound by your pride and fear to actually pursue her...
Dave said…
hehe... Her name is Edith Schaeffer, and she's already married with kids!
Anonymous said…
From your post entitled "Under Renovation", I think I may have hit the nail right on its head. Thinking about love life and working out of relationships, eh? So, you do know who fits your criteria! Only that you are too shy to even speak to the person. Sigh!
Leon Jackson said…
Hey, if any girl needs a third party to get to shy Dave, we will be glad to help! Just call us, 012-2231432 and we will get little hints to Dave to approach you (if it just so happens like in the romance movies, we was going to do so anyway).
Anonymous said…
If a guy does not have courage and require hints and assistance from a concerned third party, hmmm... me thinks this is not too good news. ;)
Dave said…
I think Anonymous is "Pauline", rite?? Sherine?

Me... shy?? heheh... puh-lease! Will somebody who went to iBridge camp vindicate me?? Just need to sort out the application forms... HAhaha....!
Anonymous said…
When a man who can break the ice among total strangers and make them feel at ease, who can stand up in front of hundreds to speak about his personal beliefs, if this man finds difficulty speaking to a lady, then it is not that this man is no one, but that this lady must be someone special indeed!
Anonymous said…
If you were that lady, you wouldn't feel special at all because he can speak easily to everyone else, and yet not have the courage to speak to you. In fact, you will feel curious and weird. What's the purpose of admiring someone from afar only? How can a friendship develop without communication? Oh well, such is life...
Anonymous said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Dave said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Dave said…
Actually I haven't used the 'secret admirer' approach since college days! hahaaha...
(unless there are serious ethical obstacles, heheh!)

So... if I didn't give any clear signals to the suspects, it probably means my response is like Aragorn's to Eowyn:

"It is but a shadow and a thought that you love. I cannot give that which you seekest." LOL!