Sliding Doors

A yuppie was waiting for the MRT at a subway station, running late for an important business meeting. It's a possible million dollar deal but the client is dead serious abt punctuality.

He could still make it if he catches the next train.

Then he saw a beautiful lady at the opposite side of track, heading the other way. She looked up, their eyes met... He was struck by lightning.

But then, the trains arrived, blocking their view. The lady was making her way into the train on the other track.

He looked at the watch, the million dollar is fast disappearing...
But somehow he can't move an inch, lar...

The doors closed... The train sped away... As the dust cleared, he saw that the lady at the other side, too, had decided to miss the train. They were married a few months later.

This is supposed to be a true story. (Can’t remember where I read it from)

Seems to me that 'love-at-first-sight' encounters happen all the time... Happens to me everytime i go One Utama.

It must also be a mutual thing, lar... not syiok sendiri. That's more difficult.

But the most difficult part is... the choice in front of the sliding doors.

Do you stay or jump in?
Would she wait or take the train?

Comments

Anonymous said…
Sounds like you've been inspired by the movie Sliding Doors. I personally do not believe in love at first sight, it is more of the allure, the attraction which just can't seem to pull you away from gazing at the other person, I think.But,somewhere, deep inside us, we hope to meet the eyes of someone and thunder and lightning flashed across the room.Ah,the borders Man would cross for the tingling of such senses. Another movie to make you play around and ponder more about this subject: Next Stop Wonderland. It's a rare gem to me. Good luck!
Anonymous said…
Sounds like you've been inspired by the movie Sliding Doors. I personally do not believe in love at first sight, it is more of the allure, the attraction which just can't seem to pull you away from gazing at the other person, I think.But,somewhere, deep inside us, we hope to meet the eyes of someone and thunder and lightning flashed across the room.Ah,the borders Man would cross for the tingling of such senses. Another movie to make you play around and ponder more about this subject: Next Stop Wonderland. It's a rare gem to me. Good luck!
Dave said…
There are some people I meet that got me thinking, 'If i only get the chance to get to know her better, I know we can get along very nicely'... Just an intuition!

And I've been proven rite before heheh...