Career Paths

I rarely talk about work in my blog. It's a darker side I'd rather forget.

Dun worry, I'm not a VCD ciplak-seller. But in my line of work, you always have a sense of dread.

Like the feeling you get while taking a stroll down the ship's hull and spotting an iceberg looming. Yea, the impending doom of a Titanic.

That's how I feel during Project Go-Live Dates.

Especially so when your decisions get overriden by a higher power. Believe it. Your fate is sealed.

Now, I'm thinking:

"Should I stick to this kinda work? Only more intense. And travel more..."

"Or should I switch to a slower lane? Do support work. Less headache. But nightshift"

Grrr... the former looks better on CV, the latter is less glamorous.

But spare me the horror scenarios of icy waters, life-jackets, whistles and promises to 'never let go!'

Comments

Leon Jackson said…
Dave, remember those days in Evangel - those were some of the best days of my life! The money was really bad, but I had a great time.