The Jesus Of History

A church friend has stumbled on an atheist website, and came up with questions on whether Jesus ever existed?

Questions about historical reliability of the scripture and historical Jesus are probably the most difficult ones, since you need to know quite a bit about 'sejarah'.

Personally I've found DA Carson's "Intro to New Testament" and Blomberg's Historical Reliability of the gospels very helpful.

So I shared with him a response here, coupled with further dialogues here...

Well, just post them here in hope that someone might be able to glean something useful from the discussions.




PS: I may just make it to Guinness World of Records for the most 'cheong hei' comment ever made in blogdom.

Comments

lycaphim said…
I always scratch my head everytime someone yells, "Jesus never existed! Prove me wrong!" I guess he forgets that the burden of proof is on the person making the claim...hehe.
Anonymous said…
I like what CS Lewis said about atheists: "Atheists are people who rage against a God they claim they do not believe in"...so true..so true...:)
Dave said…
It appears to me that the historicity of Jesus is so much more established than other ancient historical figures tat no one wud seriously challenge it unless he or she has a prior wish that He had not existed...
Anonymous said…
With Great Power comes Great Responsibility...