Whatever You Do For One Of These...

Yvonne Foong is a 19 year old girl from Grace Assembly in Shah Alam who's been suffering from a condition known as Neurofibromatosis Type 2. This condition causes benign tumours to grow in the brain, on the spine, and under the skin. The tumours, in her case, has also affect the auditory nerves, causing bilateral deafness and imbalance prior to their removal. She recently was interviewed by NTV 7 (two days ago) to highlight the people who are suffering from this condition.

More details are posted it at Bob's blog at :
http://www.bobjots.org/archives/001599.php

She's losing her hearing pretty fast (it's down to 5%) and will lose it completely if she does not have surgery soon.

In her own words, "It's not just my hearing that I'm trying to save, but also my facial nerve and balance nerve. If I have the tumour removed in Malaysia, I will suffer from facial paralysis, my balance nerve will be sacrificed and I will be deaf in an instant. The House Clinic associates [in the United States] are the only doctors in the world familiar with decompression to buy time for my hearing and save me from facial paralysis."

The tumour is also putting pressure on her brain stem and if this is not dealt with soon, it can be fatal!

So, do help if you can. Her donation page is at :

http://www.yvonnefoong.com/donate-to-my-medical-fund/

And it is also chronicled at her blog at http://www.yvonnefoong.com/

Do pass this message around if you can :)

Thanks and cheers,
Bob

Comments