Theology For The Community

Learning as a group enables us to leverage on each other's insights and perspectives. It is also more fun and allow us to bounce off ideas.

This is in keeping with one of Agora goals next year - "Learning as a Community" to equip ourselves with some basic, foundational lessons in theology. As a group, we found Wayne Grudem's accessible volume on Systematic Theology to be an excellent starting point. He was careful to explain the jargons in layman terms and provides a needed emphasis on worship and Christian living that we look for.

Theology is for doxology, not just analysed but sung! And lived out... If not, there wud be something wrong with the author or the readers!

We'd be starting our discussion on "What is systematic theology? Why study it? And how?" Normally a conducive study group should not be too large so we are limiting the number of participants. But dun worry, there's always the 2006 'workshops' starting in February...

Date: January 22, 2006 (Sunday)
Time: 1.40 pm

Comments

lycaphim said…
Always wanted to read Grudem's book...but so expensive lah for a poor teen like me =)

Noe any library where I can get it?
Dave said…
ur in luck, bro! I may just know someone who may be willing to part with his copy for RM 50... alternatively, i can borrow it from mbs library ar..

Come 'yam char' with us, can find ways wan!
Leon Jackson said…
It would be great to finally meet you Daniel!
lycaphim said…
Let's see...I'm broke at the moment (just spent my whole lot of $ on Christmas gifts, so I don't think I'll be able to buy).

I might be able to drop by at CDPC in a few weeks time- I'll let you know when I can come, and then we can "yam char" hehe...
lycaphim said…
Oh yeah, on second thoughts, I might be able to come up with the money...

Can ask your friend to reserve ah? =)

And I see you've got a pic of yourself in your profile. Not bad :)
Dave said…
Sure! No problem... Can reserve :)

Most people who have seen the blog before meeting me in person think that I have a beard or at least, goatee... and wear 3-inch thick glasses... so hope to set the expectations a bit hahaha...

Grace didn't like that photo though. Er, think the Hobbes picture looks more intellectual hehheheheh....
Dave said…
Thanks Eve for the quote

"Theology is a peculiarly beautiful discipline. Indeed, we can confidently say that it is the most beautiful of all disciplines. To find academic study distasteful is the mark of the Philistine. It is an extreme form of Philistinism to find, or to be able to find, theology distasteful. The theologian who labors without joy is not a theologian at all. Sulky faces, morose thoughts and boring ways of speaking are intolerable in this field."
-- Karl Barth