Bookstore Chat II

While browsing around Kinokuniya, I met a Malay-Chinese student holding a few copies of thick, small print tomes on Catholicism against his chest.

Curious, I asked what he studied?

He is doing Comparative Religion at Universiti Islam Antarabangsa and spoke in excellent English.

We chatted somewhat about Da Vinci Code, the quest for historical Jesus and our mutual friend in Bro Shah :) He asked if I had read the Pagan Christ by Tom Harpur, which has this wild theory that Christianity had Egyptian pagan roots.

You may like to find out more here and here

Look forward to meet up for coffee one day.. Passion Cafe?

After we left, Grace asked me how come a Muslim student is so interested to know about the Christian faith?

I guess, he's taking his duty to dakwah very, very seriously...

By the time he graduated, that student probably knows more about Christianity (or some versions of it) than most Christians who sit at the pews. And maybe, even some Christians who stand behind the pulpit.

He's not afraid to read primary sources in the Christian section so that he would have a better answer for the 'tough' questions we raise.

I'm not sure how many Christians take their calling with similar earnestness.

Comments

Leon Jackson said…
Oh, I feel you bro.
Anonymous said…
Seminaries BUCK UP!

jackie chan
Dave said…
:) Hope to make friends and learn more from him!