Tunaikan Haji Di Bethlehem Baptist

Last year I 'menunaikan haji' at St Peter's Cathedral, Vatican City...

So this year, I need to keep thing in 'balance' with a pilgrimage to Bethlehem Baptist, Minneapolis, the church where the original Christian hedonist John Piper pastors, this July and August.

Actually it's work assignment... but I hope to make most of the weekends and maybe evenings for the TBI training sessions. Candy was flushed with praise about the worship... It would be great to see a model of solid theology in exuberant, contemporary music.

Marvin and Zhiwen warned me, though, that Piper is on writing leave in Cambridge now. So I'd be disappointed, not seeing him in person. But will look out for other online frens like Matt Perman or blogger Justin Taylor... Bruce Ware or Wayne Grudem may be preaching there instead so I'm keeping fingers crossed.

Thot For the Day (Grace@Work)

Not all of us may have the privilege to give our lives for someone in one dramatic act.

But each day lived is one day gone.

Most of us give our lives one day at a time.

Who or what are you giving your life to/for?

Comments

greyhoundbus said…
You're coming to the states? Cool... I wish I lived near Minneapolis.
Dave said…
Hey Bro! looking forward to the trip... maybe I can visit you? Got address ar? :)
greyhoundbus said…
I'd love for you to visit, but Minnesota is a little far up north from Tennessee. Look it up and see if it's convenient: I'm in Knoxville, TN, and my number is (865)719-6960. Room and taxi(my car) is free of course :p.