Testimony Of A Budding Apologist

Testimony of a budding apologist Sze Zeng (picture with Ben Witherington III)

"Ironically I came to open up a bit to listen to the Gospel when a Buddhist shared it with me. He is Steven Sim, my best friend who was also a staunch Buddhist himself. Though we are from different sect of Buddhism, our similar passion in the discourse of life’s meaning had brought us together on our pilgrimage to Christianity. Both of us spent hours discussing religious issues almost everyday and every night. He was the one who read the Bible (which was given by his friend) and discussed what he had read with me so that we could critic it from our Buddhist point of view. We were 16 then.

Those thought-provoking discussions went on for a period of time. We were excited with what we were discovering each day as if we were engaging in a chess game. I remembered vividly when we were chatting on John 14:6, Steven asked me a terrifying question ‘What if this passage is true?’ I forgot our exact respond but I think we were silent for a while. Subconsciously both of us started to accept the Gospel. It did not take long for us to see it as part of the Truth in life. And it was at that moment ‘[our] Adversary began to make His final moves’ (as how C.S Lewis put it)."

Comments

Wilson Tan said…
hey dave, isn't sze zeng someone from ORPC? he looks really familiar.
Dave said…
Yes, Wilson - ur right on! Small world isn't it?

Joshua happens to be the strongman of Agora Singapore as well

http://theagorasg.blogspot.com/